Sunday, January 9, 2011

The new year, new friends and new adventures.

I hope the year has been good to you so far. I hope you had a great time in ushering the year. I tend to believe the first day of a year, month or week determines how the rest will be. Like if you get to class late on the first day, then you are going to be late for the rest of that year, month or week. I know this to be true coz it’s happened to me.

Now that I’ve said that I hope it’s not true for my friend. She had quite an eventful new year's eve. Her name is Scarlett...ok that's not her real name, but I’ll call her that coz she loves Scarlett Johansson plus she has these qualities you can only find in white girls.

So like most young people she decided to go partying on that night. As she and her friend got intoxicated, all these crazy thoughts crept into her mind. She is always very careful but all that caution was thrown to the wind when she decided to smoke weed in a club in town. I don’t people should even think about weed when you are in Nairobi…not with so many hungry cops around. Anyway, I guess there was a little sanity left in her, coz they figured the best place to do it was the bathroom. They were enjoying the trees they smoked but it didn’t last for long. Some stupid and very jealous woman went and told the bouncer about my friend and her little adventure.

So this massive frame came in and swung the door to the ladies open. The two party girls had already finished their joint but the smell gave them away. The bouncer started causing and threatening to call the cops. My friend started arguing that he had no evidence that they were smoking anything illegal. She was feeling like this very great lawyer who was addressing a jury and arguing that Onyancha is innocent. I guess her smart ass remark pissed off that bully coz that mother fucker slapped her. Right across the cheek…ouch!

I know I should feel sorry for her but I find it very hilarious coz when she told me the story, she made sound like he just stepped on her toe. It’s still funny just remembering the tone of her voice, like it wasn’t such a big deal.

I don't have any crazy story to share on my part about this little holiday coz i spent most of the time at home being a good girl. I hope you all have a blessed year where all your dreams get to come true. Even those nasty ones that you think about every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment